Do you want to speed up your Windows 10 laptop easily? Here are a few simple steps that can help you speed up your laptop quickly.
If you’re using a laptop with Windows 10 installed, the following steps can help you boost your laptop’s performance. They are easy to do and can help keep your laptop running smoothly.
Step 1: Update Operating System
Before trying to speed up your Windows 10 laptop, it’s essential that you make sure you are running the latest version. Updates are essential for making sure your laptop runs efficiently and remains secure. There are a couple of ways you can make sure you have the newest version installed.
- Go to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update and click on ‘Check for updates’ and install any pending updates
- Use the Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant and install the latest version of Windows 10
If you want to manually check that the Windows version is up-to-date, you can navigate to Start > Settings > System > About. This will tell you the version of Windows you are running – make sure it matches the most up-to-date version available.
You should also look for updates for individual programs or applications you have installed yourself, as this can help to speed up your laptop also. Once you’ve made sure everything is up-to-date, move on to the next step to find out how to speed up your laptop even further!
Step 2: Clean Your Hard Drive
Looking to speed up your Windows 10 laptop? Then, the second step you need to take is to clean your hard drive. This is a relatively easy process and can be done in just a few steps.
Firstly, open the Start Menu, click on the Settings icon and then go to System. There you will find the ‘Storage’ option – choose this and you will see two sections – one for ‘Local Disk’ and one for ‘Cloud’. Select the ‘Local Disk’ option and you will be able to see how much storage is left and which files are taking up the most space. Choose to delete any files you no longer need.
Tick the ‘Clean Now’ button to free up the space and you will see how much space has been freed up. You can then go to the ‘Cloud’ section to delete any cloud files you don’t need. Again, click on ‘Clean Now’ to get rid of them.
Once done, you should have more free storage space which will help your laptop to run faster. Make sure to repeat this process regularly in order to keep your hard drive clean.
Step 3: Optimize CPU for Maximum Performance
Having a speedy laptop is important when working, gaming or just browsing the internet. To improve your laptop’s performance and get the best speed out of it, you have to optimize its CPU. To do that you have the following options available.
- Disable CPU power-saving features: Modern CPUs are designed to save energy, but this also reduces performance. You should turn this off so that the CPU is running at full power as often as possible.
- Adjust CPU speed or core number: Some laptops support this setting. Increase the speed of the CPU or increase the number of cores, if your laptop allows it. This will increase the performance of your processor.
- Overclock Processor: This is an advanced setting that you should attempt only if you are familiar with overclocking. It can offer an impressive increase in performance, but it also carries certain risks that you should be aware of.
When you have all the settings adjusted to maximize performance, you’ll be able to enjoy super-fast Windows 10 speeds. If you’re feeling adventurous, try overclocking the processor but remember to keep an eye on temperatures.
To sum it up, speeding up Windows 10 laptops is much easier than you think. Following the steps outlined in this article can make a huge difference in your laptop’s performance. Ensure your laptop is free from viruses and unnecessary junk that can slow it down, make sure your drivers are up-to-date, use Windows optimization tools and enable Power Saver Mode to maximize your laptop’s performance. Take the steps now and enjoy a speedy laptop experience!