Are you having issues with your laptop keyboard? Is it functioning at a snail’s slow speed? Well, you don’t have to throw it away and go buy a new one. With simple measures, you can easily repair your laptop keyboard at home.
Repairing a laptop keyboard by yourself is actually quite easy. You don’t require any professional assistance and can get the job done right away. In this article, let us take a look at some easy and quick steps to repair a laptop keyboard at home.
Step-by-Step Guide :
Do you have a faulty laptop keyboard? Repairing the keyboard can be an easy and inexpensive task. We know that it can be nerve-racking to find a professional service to get the job done, so we have come up with this handy step-by-step guide to help you repair your laptop keyboard at home without any special skills.
- Begin by shutting down the laptop and disconnecting the power source.
- Open the laptop and locate the faulty keys.
- Use a thin object such as a paperclip to remove the broken pieces of the key from the keyboard.
- Visit a computer store and purchase a replacement laptop keyboard.
- Install the replacement keyboard. Follow the guide for taking off the old keyboard and installing the new one.
- Press the new keys to check their functioning before closing the laptop.
- Reassemble the laptop pieces together. Replace screws, close the laptop lid, and plug in the power source.
- Turn on the laptop and check if the new keyboard is working.
We hope that with this step-by-step guide, you have successfully repaired your laptop keyboard at home without needing any professional help. Good luck!
Gather Supplies Needed:
Are you ready to repair your laptop’s keyboard at home? If so, you need to gather the supplies first. Here are some quick and easy steps to get the materials you will need.
- Acquire an anti-static wristband or mat. They will help to prevent static electricity from damaging any part of your laptop.
- Gather small screwdrivers, preferably Phillips and flat-headed, of different sizes. Different models require different sizes for removal of the keyboard.
- Go online to purchase a basic laptop keyboard replacement. This one from Amazon is a good option.
- Make sure to have a pen and some paper handy to take notes if needed.
- Be sure to have an external mouse in case of emergency.
Once you have gathered all of the necessary supplies, you can start the process of repairing your laptop’s keyboard. Check the next article, where we’ll give you step-by-step instructions.
Quick & Easy Steps To Repair Laptop Keyboard At Home: Troubleshooting Tips
It’s always a hassle when your laptop keyboad stops working. Nothing puts a damper on your productivity like not being able to type properly. Thankfully, you can often repair a laptop keyboard at home without having to call in an expert. Here are some troublshooting tips to help you out.
- Before getting started, turn off and unplug your laptop, and remove the battery.
- Carefully remove any debris, such as hair, crumbs, or dried liquid between the keys and in the grooves surrounding the individual keys with the help of a vacuum cleaner or a blower. You can also use a toothbrush or cotton swab to clean the hard-to-reach areas.
- If a particular key is not working, take it off and try to clean it using a cloth and/or a brush.
- Check the connection point between the key and the board. Usually, the keys connect with a plastic scissor mechanism. Make sure it is firmly in place.
- Check the cable connecting your keyboard to the motherboard of your system. Make sure it is properly fitted.
- Finally, put everything back in place and test if your laptop keyboard is now working properly.
By following these troubleshooting tips, you will be able to repair your laptop keyboard with ease. If the issue persists, it may be time to get a new keyboard.
In conclusion, repairing a laptop keyboard at home is easier than you think. With just a few simple tools, you can replace or repair your keyboard in no time. From disassembling and cleaning to testing your new keys, taking a few simple steps and following the right instructions will make the process a breeze.